New modern Makita BTS130Z BFR540RFE cordless drills come equipped with Lithium-ion power tool batteries. These batteries are different from the aforementioned Nickel based batteries in every possible way. The entire chemistry is different and so is the behaviour. Li-ion drill batteries have no memory effect and hate deep discharges.
Best ways to maintain Makita BL1430 cordless power tool battery
- Store the Makita cordless drill battery in a partially charged state of 40-50%.
- Charge it frequently without letting it drop below 20-30% charge.
- Recondition it by using the Makita drill normally till power drops and give it a full charge.
- Operate and store it in a cool environment as much as possible. Performance and Makita BL1415 power tool battery capacity decreases in high temperatures.
- Operate it between 30%-90% charge without either charging or discharging it fully. This will increase the charge cycles of the Makita cordless tool battery many times.